Welcome to the 5th year for the Howl-o-ween Strut Your Mutt Parade. This event was created in part with Lorie Hare of the Humane Society as a fundraiser to help raise money & awareness for the Bowling Green/Warren County Humane Society. One hundred percent of the $10 entry fee for your pooch is donated back to the BGWC Humane Society, and you can help even more by bringing donated items needed by the shelter (bleach, kitty litter, paper towels, etc.)
- This years event takes place October 22nd at 10am, Fountain Square Park.
- $10 participation fee for single pet
- $5 fee for each additional pet
- Participants can register online and pay fees at event check-in.
- Check in begins October 22nd at 9:30 am.
Three size categories:
Small – 0 to 10lbs
Medium – 11 to 25lbs
Large – 25 lbs and up
Dogs can win prizes in each category including “scariest”, “funniest”, “best homemade costume”, “pet owner look-a-like”, & “best in show”.
- Dogs must be leashed and kept under control at all times. Unruly participants will be asked to leave.
- Children under 13 years old are to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Dogs are to be fully vaccinated and registered.
- Dogs not trained to walk on a leash must be properly confined to a carrier.
- Do not bring dogs that need a muzzle.
- Water will be served in a community-bowl style. If you require a separate drinking container for your pet, please bring one.
- Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership. Please come prepared to clean up after your dog, baggies and trash receptacles are provided.
- No bicycles, skateboards, or skates allowed. The walk route IS wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- BGWC Humane Society retains the right to deny participation to any dog due to health or behavior reasons.
- All participants MUST sign the waiver/release form prior to walking. By signing the waiver, BGWC Humane Society & the Downtown Redevelopment Authority will also have permission to use photographs for future “Strut Your Mutt” parade promotional materials that may contain your image.